Additional MARS Features
This guide provides a brief introduction to MARS.
The following videos cover the underlying methods in the SPM® 8.2 Software Suite and provide demonstrations of each of the modeling engines.
Software Featured in the Videos:
- SPM® 8.2 Software Suite
- CART® Software
- RandomForests® Software
- TreeNet® Software
- MARS® Software
- RuleLearner™ Software
- ISLE© Software
- GeneralizedPathSeeker™ Software
- Automatic Non-Linear Regression
- MARS software is ideal for users who prefer results in a form similar to traditional regression while capturing essential nonlinearities and interactions. The MARS approach to regression modeling effectively uncovers important data patterns and relationships that are difficult, if not impossible, for other regression methods to reveal. MARS builds its model by piecing together a series of straight lines with each allowed its own slope. This permits MARS to trace out any pattern detected in the data.
- High-Quality Regression and Classification
- The MARS model is designed to predict numeric outcomes such as the average monthly bill of a mobile phone customer or the amount that a shopper is expected to spend in a web site visit. MARS is also capable of producing high quality classification models for a yes/no outcome. MARS performs variable selection, variable transformation, interaction detection, and self-testing, all automatically and at high speed.
- High-Performance Results
- Areas where MARS has exhibited very high-performance results include forecasting electricity demand for power generating companies, relating customer satisfaction scores to the engineering specifications of products, and presence/absence modeling in geographical information systems (GIS).
SPM® 8.2 Product Versions
- The best of the best. For the modeler who must have access to leading edge technology available and fastest run times including major advances in ensemble modeling, interaction detection and automation. ULTRA also provides advance access to new features as they become available in frequent upgrades.
- For the modeler who needs cutting-edge data mining technology, including extensive automation of workflows typical for experienced data analysts and dozens of extensions to the Salford data mining engines.
- A true predictive modeling workbench designed for the professional data miner. Variety of supporting conventional statistical modeling tools, programming language, reporting services, and a modest selection of workflow automation options.
- Literally the basics. Salford Systems award winning data mining engines without extensions or automation or surrounding statistical services, programming language, and sophisticated reporting. Designed for small budgets while still delivering our world famous engines
MARS Price Quote
MARS Special Features
MARS Supported File Types
The MARS® data-translation engine supports data conversions for more than 80 file formats, including popular statistical-analysis packages such as SAS® and SPSS®, databases such as Oracle and Informix, and spreadsheets such as Microsoft Excel and Lotus 1-2-3.
MARS System Requirements
MARS University Program
MARS® (Multivariate Adaptive Regression Splines), introduced by Stanford University data mining guru Professor Jerome H. Friedman in 1988, is one of the landmarks in the evolution of regression methods. For the first time analysts could leverage a search mechanism intended to automatically discover nonlinearity and interactions in the context of classical regression.